Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I'm pretty much still wide awake now. I just realised that's how my body works. Scenario: When I have Unit Kitchen, I'll be basically fighting a war in the kitchen from 4-9pm, come home shower and use the computer. But I'll still be very awake even if I am physically drained. My mind still keeps thinking about what ever happened in the kitchen and what not. This sucks. I need to sleep now. I've got another long day tomorrow...


Today was crazy, day 01 in Bistro. 6 crazy hours in a kitchen, I know it's very little working hours compared to chef who have to do up to 80 hours a week, so I'm not complaining about the duration nor the workload. Anyhow, it's a dry run today so it feels okay even though the pressure is definitely there. I've already got the top layer of my fingernail from my left index finger cut off. (So now I have really weird and flat finger nail on my left index finger). But because it's only a dry run and it's driving us all nuts, I can't imagine what is it like to be serving the dinner customers the week after next. Next week we have to reach the kitchen by 7.00am to do breakfast for an event organised by WAI. I have to reach school by 6.30am. I better be able to wake my ass up. I'm kind of worried but at the same time excited. Because I think I'll be exposed to a hell lot of stuffs in my 9weeks in Bistro. Since we are going according to the schedule for our individual recipe, I've somehow got placed in a spot where I get to do everything and all the mains like Cesar Salad, Soups & the best of all HEAD CHEF!
I can't wait to be called Chef Kelly! Hahahhahas. And hearing people answering me "YES CHEF". It feels damn good. LOL! Looking forward to that day!


Made pannacotta in school today, Vanilla Pannacotta served with Strawberry & Basil Salad in Balsamic Reduction Sauce and Peanut Brittle Wafer. Okay, I know this is a damn long name, so I'll let the picture do the talking. 


The Wafer was a little to big. Can't see my Pannacotta

This Sketch up was required by Chef Scott as part of our workflow plan.
I've just come to realised that after spending 3years in SP School of Design,
I still can't draw... T_____T


Okay, that's all for today! I'm gna try to go and sleep again! I can't wait for Friday to come. Gna upload my other blog on Friday! ***Chicken Pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment