Holidays are here! After being busy with helping Jeannette to settle down, her moving to my room to stay for a few days, teaching Maggie to get her ready for exams, endless assignments and exams. My place is in such a huge mess and I'm busy cleaning up now because Mum is arriving at 6.30am tomorrow. So busy that I've yet to have breakfast or lunch. I'm only done with washing my clothes. (Unilodge changed the washing machine, and it's 7bucks now to wash and dry my clothes. It's usually 5bucks. It's so expensive and the load is much smaller and it takes a longer period of time!) I still need to vacuum the carpet, vacuum my bed, febreeze both of them, vacuum my toilet and kitchen before scrubbing and mopping them with Handy Andy. Lastly I need to clean my fridge, mirrors and tables.
Last lap for this sem, I've passed and I'm over and done with it! We just had to turn potatoes during our practical test T_____T. Had to get the turning knife because our paring knife can't do the job. Just in case you have no idea how a turning knife looks like, I've attached the picture! So it was a really sharp brand new knife. Just half way into turning my first potato, I was trying to use the back of my fingers to push away the potatoes that
was sticking onto my knife and refuses to get off. And that was when I have forgotten how the front was bent and off it went, deep down into the back of my ring finger. Surprising, it wasn't painful but blood just kept coming out. In 2hours, I've changed 5 plasters and god knows how many disposable gloves. Now, I'm really having turning knife phobia. I wouldn't want to use one again unless I'm taught the proper way to and I don't think we should even turn our vegetables. It is a total waste of ingredient, like how a big potato ended up being small little thing that's not even half the size of what it was originally since WAI provides us with HUGE potatoes. (We have to do it like the 3rd one from the left on the bottom)
Healing!

No comments:
Post a Comment