Sunday, October 24, 2010

I got a very very very huge urge to bake something. And this time, I am going to bake something close to what I call comfort food. No more sweets for the time being. Back to the fire, stirring, chopping and etc.

So what's on menu today?
Chicken Pie!

This is my very first time trying out a chicken pot pie.
My fingers are all crossed. I hope it's going to come out good!
I am lazy to look for the recipe, so I am going to make it with all my knowledge of cooking.
I kind of figure out that I need the following ingredients for the filling...
1. Butter
2. Onions
3. Potatoes
4. Corn
5. Peas
6. Carrot
7. LongBean (I added longbean because I love them!)
8. Chicken Thigh
9. Chicken Stock
10. Milk
11. Salt
12. Pepper
13. Flour (Maybe just a little to thicken up the sauce)
* No measuring here, more of just add according to what I feel the amount should be.
It's more like, you know, cooking a dish for dinner. You don't go measuring how much oil to put or how many cups of onions to chop, it's more about the taste you want to achieve and the feeling!

Next comes the pie crust which I am sticking to Rose Levy's, cause her pie crust are always so simple and awesome! I made it once the previous time (for EOY2 Buffet - Apple pie and Blueberry pie), without trying out or even tasting and it came out PERFECTLY YUMMY AND CRISPY! (: And a good pie crust is the key to an awesome pie!

Alrt! Gna go cut my butter up to re-refrigerate for anthr 1hr!
Byebye!

No comments:

Post a Comment