Sunday, May 22, 2011

The whole house is smelling like butter cake and roasted hazelnut now. Even I smell like butter cake after bathing. Oh god.

Today's baking is kind of bad...First cake was a huge success, I've got a cake that rise to the right height and fluffy like mad and yummy to the max! I was as happy as a lark. Then comes the 2nd cake... My oven decided to just keep lowering it's temperature. I sort of know from the amount of heat that's emitted from the oven. At first it felt like the right temperature 176, then slowly from time to time the surrounding of the oven didn't feel so hot anymore. I open it up, place my hands inside... That's when I know something is not right, the temperature had gone down. ): Had to turn up the heat every 10mins. So my cake didn't rise enough, it's not fluffy too. Even the taste isn't that good. I had to bake it an extra 8mins. Kind of sad now... Sigh. Hopefully tomr's cake would be a success! Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment